Sunday, March 10, 2024

Tuesday Tales - Swallow

 

Welcome to Tuesday Tales! This week's word prompt is “swallow”. Here is the next excerpt from A Biker's Guide to Saving a Goddess, Gods of DC Book 6. 

Release Date - June 28th, 2024

And here is the cover!

Be sure to check out the other Tuesday Tales by clicking here!





Artemis took a couple of steps backwards then lowered herself down onto the bed. She did it with the grace and stealth of a panther on the hunt. She never broke her gaze from his. “I suppose so.”

Michael tilted his head as he took her in. “Since we are spending this quality time together, tell me a little about yourself.”

She rolled her eyes. “You haven’t ever picked up a Greek mythology book?”

“Do you remember my former line of work? We didn’t really keep tabs on you guys. I do know that, according to some fancy statues I’ve seen, you usually wear a short skirt, not black leather.”

“That’s a chiton.” He could see her lips struggle to keep from smiling. “Idiot.”

Michael shrugged. “You may have hit the nail on the head with that one. So, why the change?”

Artemis pulled her eyes from him and looked away. “No real reason.”

“Come on, princess. Swallow your pride and talk to me. I’m the only one you’ll be seeing for a while. You might as well trust me.”

There was another annoyed eye roll but she still kept her gaze to the wall and not on him. “My father decided to boot all of us out of Olympus. He thinks humans are clever for developing technology and stuff so he wants us all to experience it. Except, not all of us have anything to do with it. I’m the goddess of wild animals, the hunt, the moon, and good girls who don’t mess with guys. What technology is involved with that is horrific. So, I found a place in the woods where I can be surrounded by my creatures and hide away from the rest of the messy world.”

“With your motorcycle, which is technology.”

She turned to scowl at him. At least he had her attention again. “How do you know that I have a motorcycle? Did you stalk me?”

“No.” Michael pointed out of the prison door. “You’re dressed like them. They like to think that they are a biker’s gang.”

Artemis shrugged nonchalantly at his answer. “My bike and my phone are all the technology that I have. I like to ride and I have to keep in touch with my family, especially my brother. Yes, we’re deities. The cell phone can be a handy tool when we need it.”

Michael chuckled. “I bet you watch cat videos on it, don’t you?”

He could see her cheeks tinge pink in the very little light in the room. “Shut up. You are annoying.”

5 comments:

  1. Love the banter and the backstory. Great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover and characterization. Of course she would watch cat videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hot he caught her up and made her blush! Watch cat videos? Who doesn't? They are the funniest on the Internet, even funnier than dog videos. I like that he's matching her wit for wit. Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this....
    "She did it with the grace and stealth of a panther on the hunt. She never broke her gaze from his."
    You really put us in the scene with this.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete