Sunday, November 26, 2023

Tuesday Tales - Foolish

 


Welcome to Tuesday Tales! I'm sorry I have been gone. I've been dealing with some Facebook issues. 

This week we are with the Gods of DC and the word prompt is “foolish”.

Be sure to check out the other Tuesday Tales by clicking here!


Hestia let go a loud, long sigh and then swept past her sister towards the noise. Demeter spun on her toe and followed her.

“Hestia! Sis! How’s it going?” Poseidon’s muscular, leather-covered arms were spread wide and seemed to fill the cavernous hall. 

Hestia stopped in her tracks. Demeter skidded to a halt beside her. She could see her older sister glare down at their brother with her hands clasped to her hips. 

“Aren’t you happy to see me?” he pried.

“Don’t be foolish,” Hestia answered. 

“Hestia,” Demeter chided under her breath. 

Hestia humphed then pressed her lips together in a tight, thin red line.

“Aunt Hestia,” Juliet addressed. “I promise our stay will be short.”

“We are very appreciative of your kindness,” Freddy followed. “We’ll be gone before you know it.”

Hestia’s mouth curved into a slight smile. “You better not be gone before I get to enjoy those babies. I’ll whip you up something to eat before you start practicing.”

Poseidon scowled as Hestia scooped up the twin from Freddy’s arms. “Wait. You were ready to kick me, your own brother, to the curb but you are ready to feed everyone else. What gives?”

Hestia pointed to the rest of the family. “I like them and that includes Ares. They’re helpful and send me gifts and let me play with their cute children. You...” Her words trailed away as she waved the sea god off. She sashayed down the corridor with the rest of the gods, goddesses and magical beings that were not her siblings on her heels. That left Demeter standing with the pouting deity. 

Poseidon stared at them, dumbfounded. “But I’m her little brother.”

Demeter smirked at him. “When was the last time you sent her flowers?”

Poseidon frowned at her. “I just did it…” His words faded as he wiggled his fingers. He must have been counting on them. “It might have been a millennia or two.”



5 comments:

  1. Love the way the family dynamics work here. Excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Poseidon, time does fly doesn't it LOL??

    ReplyDelete
  3. “It might have been a millennia or two.” Ahhh -- love the time they have in their world. Great scene, Tricia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical brother, squirming out of responsibility!! And I love the way he measures time -- in a milennia or two!!

    ReplyDelete