Monday, October 5, 2026

Tuesday Tales - Heavy

 



Welcome to Tuesday Tales! This week's word prompt is “heavy”. We are back with Dani in my Sci-Fi story. 

Be sure to check out the other Tuesday Tales by clicking here!


Dani’s heart broke and raced all at the same time. It was sweet that he remembered his parents like that. It was horrible that he was ripped away from them. However, she couldn’t ignore his other point. He noticed Ezra looking at her just like Elise said she did? They both had to be wrong. Right?

The world around her swirled a little. She sucked in a breath and tried to steady it. “There is something else I need to work on before I leave.”

Bobo let loose a cat-like cackle. She hoped she would get away with the subject change. Apparently not. “What is that?”

“Follow me.” She motioned him back to the living room. Instead of finding his place on the couch once more, he stood behind her as she knelt down to rummage through the large canvas tote she normally carried to work. 

She pulled free her laser contraption and held it up to him. “Elise saw the light from this and it led her to the alley. I can’t have some random person see what she saw. I need to cap the top of this and contain the laser between them. I’m just afraid that, if I use the same type of metal PVC pipe the rest of it is made of, it will be too heavy for me to wield.”

She looked at him then glanced away. This alien hadn’t been in her life very long. Why could she already see what he was thinking. “Don’t,” she warned.

“Don’t what?” he countered.

“Humans would say that you have a ‘duh’ look on your face.”

“Explain ‘duh’, please.”

Dani bit her lower lip as she thought. It took way too long for her to come up with an explanation. “Duh means that it should have been obvious to me. That I overlooked something so simple.”

“Well, then. Yes. Duh.”

She sighed. “What’s the solution then?”

No comments:

Post a Comment