Welcome to Tuesday Tales! This week's word prompt is “grape”. We are back with Dani in my Sci-Fi story.
Be sure to check out the other Tuesday Tales by clicking here!
Dani gasped at his confession. “I am so sorry that happened to you.”
His thin shoulders raised and dropped in a shrug. “It is in the past. I appreciate you protecting me from Grarkiel. However, I am frightened for you. You have been successful in fighting him and his mercenaries off. However, once we are in Egypt, can you keep yourself safe from the Professor?”
Dani smiled at him. “Oh, my sweet alien, that isn’t a problem. I may be learning on the fly how to beat someone who isn’t from this planet. Before my mother would let me go to college, she made me learn some self defense so I could fight off ‘any amorous male who wanted to take advantage of me’. Her words. Joke was on her though. Guys didn’t look at me sideways there. No man has ever been interested in me.”
She could have sworn Bobo gave her a feline smirk. “The one at the library does.”
Heat filled Dani’s face. She didn’t have to look at the mirror to tell she was as red as the ripe grape tomatoes in her fridge. “How would you know? You spend all of your time in my head. Can you see out of my eyes or something? That’s pretty creepy.”
He laughed as he grinned at her. “You forget. In an attempt to confine me in his prison, Grarkiel made me like him and his accomplices. I change shape, including becoming mist like them. Every once in a while, I slip out without you knowing and observe what is occurring around us. I have been taught from a young age to know my enemy. I’ve seen him gaze at you. The appearance of his face is not malicious. It reminds me of how my father used to watch my mother.”

No comments:
Post a Comment