Welcome to Tuesday Tales! This week's word prompt is “lively”. We are back with Dani in my Sci-Fi story.
Be sure to check out the other Tuesday Tales by clicking here!
She hurried down the hallway to her bedroom and threw open the closet door. She eyed her slate colored hard shell suitcase carefully. There were a crazy amount of parcels in the living room. However, she noticed each of them only held a garment or two. If that theory held true for all of them, everything would fit.
She hoped at least. She couldn’t imagine what Julian would say if something got left home.
She was so engrossed in her thoughts she missed the sound of heavy fabric sweeping across her faux hardwood floor tiles. She jolted at least an inch into the air at the sound of Bobo’s voice. Her heartbeat picked up to a lively pace.
“I do not trust him,” the alien murmured.
Dani frowned as she turned to him. “Who? Julian? Ezra?”
Bobo gave her one firm nod. “Yes.”
“Bobo…”
“I despise the human male at the library, the one that Grarkiel possesses. I lived in his head. I am aware he is suffering at the hands of the Vigvuth. His body was still my prison and he made no attempt to help me escape.”
“Did he know you were there?” Dani countered.
Bobo’s eyes widened. Clearly he never considered if Ezra knew he existed. He continued. “I agree with him. I do not trust this professor. I do not like the way he treats you. He gives you gifts you are not comfortable with. It is apparent they are for his benefit, not yours. He demeans you. He threatens you. Why would you journey with someone who thinks so little of you.”
Dani pursed her lips together for a moment before she spoke. “If we go with him and see this site, can you read what is written on the wall? I mean the words written by the Vigvuth, not the hieroglyphics.”
“Yes, of course.”
“And what they say? Won’t that help get you home?”

No comments:
Post a Comment